In this article I will teach you how to install WordPress on any web host of your choice.
Unless you haven’t heard anything about website, it’s not possible that you haven’t heard about WordPress – and that you can use it to create website.
Definition of WordPress – WordPress is an open-source content management system (CMS) written in PHP and paired with a MySQL or MariaDB database that makes it easy to create and manage websites.
WordPress allows its users to use both free and premium themes in designing their websites.
To know more on how to find themes and install it on WordPress, read my guide on How to Find Free WordPress Themes and Properly Install Them.
WordPress support the use of plugins which can be used to extend the functionality of WordPress websites. At this moment WordPress has over 58,000 plugins in their official website.
In this post I will teach you step by step guide on how to install WordPress on any web host. I’ll also provide screenshots where necessary for easy understanding.
If you’re new in anything concerning WordPress, you’re welcome to JonakyBlog where we deliver detailed and quality articles including screenshots where needed.
This is to make sure that everyone understands the knowledge we are sharing to the world.
Below are some recommended articles you should read when you’re through reading this article:
- Find Free WordPress Themes and Properly Install Them
- Add Post Thumbnail or Featured Image in WordPress
- How to create WordPress contact form without plugin (ultimate guide)
- How to Upload Apk and Other Files in WordPress sites [100% working]
- Learn how to Create New Files in the WordPress Theme Editor
- Add Share Buttons to WordPress without Plugin
As this article is a beginner’s guide, I’ll like you to first read my guide on how to buy a domain name and a hosting account from different web hosting companies.
If you have learnt→→→ how to buy domain and a hosting account, you can now proceed to learn how to install WordPress on any web host.
Let’s move to the field.
Steps on how to install WordPress on any web host
WordPress can be installed on your web host by downloading WordPress file (.zip) and upload it manually in your preferred web host.
But that process is so tedious and much knowledge is required for you to be successful in your installation.
I’ll show you the easiest way to install WordPress and the steps you should follow.
Step 1: Go to your cPanel
Login to your cPanel with the info that your registered web hosting company sent to you. Upon your hosting plan, your cPanel login URL can be https://yourwebsite.com/cpanel, which is common among WordPress hosting’s.
Below is how your cPanel looks like
Step 2: Go to software
Scroll until you see “software”. Under SOFTWARE you’ll see some other applications that you can install as well.
Click on Softaculous Apps Installer.
Step 3: Click on WordPress
Other software’s that were included in Softaculous Apps Installer will be displayed as well.
If you hover over any app, you will see “Install, demo & overview”. Click on WordPress (not install).
Step 4: Install WordPress
Here you will see some navigation’s like: Overview, Features, screenshots etc. Below the install button you’ll see the space required to install WordPress on your web host.
Click on Install Now.
Step 6: Software setup
- Choose the WordPress version you want to install – Make sure to select the latest version. Here I’ll select version 5.6 which is the latest version currently.
- Choose Installation URL – If your hosting company offers you free SSL certificate (or maybe you bought external SSL certificate), select your installation URL as https:// (otherwise select http://). Then choose the domain that you want to install WordPress on it. You can leave the directory as wp.
- Site Settings – You can edit your site name & site description here. You can leave it empty because you can customize it in your WordPress dashboard.
- Admin Account – Admin Username is the username that will be required when you want to login to your WordPress dashboard (choose a username that you can always remember). Admin Password is the password that you’ll need for you to login to your WordPress. Make sure to choose a strong password; use symbols like: $ # @ * & ^ } +. Admin Email is the email that you will use to receive information for your WordPress site. You can use your Gmail account here.
- Choose Language – Select your primary language that best suits your website.
- Select Plugin(s) – I’ll recommend you to leave the options as default.
More settings to install WordPress
- Advanced Options – You need to be careful when making changes in this part. Leave Database name & Table prefix as default. Auto Upgrade – Thick Do not Auto Upgrade. Select Auto Upgrade WordPress Plugins as this will make all your plugins to be up-to-date and secure. Leave others unchecked.
- Select Theme – You can skip this part because every WordPress version comes with a default theme. And you can change your theme anytime you want to.
- Email installation details to – Enter the email address that you want all your installation details to be sent to. I strongly recommend using the same email you used in #4 above.
- Install – When you’re done with all your settings, click on Install.
Wait for some minutes for the installation to be complete.
Login to your WordPress dashboard
When the installation is completed, you will be given a link to your website and a link to your WordPress dashboard (administrative section).
For instance – https://yoursite.com and https://yoursite.com/wp-admin
If you want to login to the administrative section of your website, just add “wp-admin” to your domain name as described above.
Now you have to provide the username (or email address) and password that you used when installing WordPress on your web host.
Ensure that you provide the correct username and password and click on Log In.
Congratulations ☑ you’ll be redirected to your WordPress dashboard and start building your website.
If you follow this guide accordingly, you’ll learn how to install WordPress on any web host. If you’re not yet ready to own a WordPress website, bookmark this article for future use.
Drop your comment if you like this article or if you encountered any issue when following this guide to install WordPress on your web host.
I’ll be glad if you share this post to your friends using the share buttons below.
42 Comments on “How to install WordPress on any web host [beginners guide]”
Hi Dear, are you truly visiting this site regularly, if so then you will without doubt obtain pleasant
I know this site presents quality based articles or reviews and extra information,
is there any other site which provides these stuff
I absolutely love your blog and find most of your post’s to be what precisely I’m looking for.
Would you offer guest writers to write content for you personally?
I wouldn’t mind publishing a post or elaborating on a number of the subjects you write in relation to here.
Again, awesome website!
I do accept guest post. If you have any guest post that you wish to publish at JonakyBlog, use the contact form to reach out to us.
Hi there! I realize this is kind of off-topic but I needed to ask.
Does operating a well-established blog like yours require a massive amount work?
I’m brand new to writing a blog however I do write in my diary
everyday. I’d like to start a blog so I can easily share my experience and feelings online.
Please let me know if you have any recommendations or
tips for brand new aspiring bloggers. Appreciate
It all depends on your choice. I created out time to design my blog, that’s why it’s looking so amazing like this.
If you’re good in web developing, it won’t take you so much time to design a new blog from scratch.
I recommend Bluehost hosting company for my readers who wish to start up a new blog.
Hello! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site with us so I came to give it a look.
I’m definitely enjoying the information. I’m book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers!
Excellent blog and outstanding design.
Generally I do not read post on blogs, however I wish to say that this
write-up very pressured me to try and do it! Your writing taste has been surprised me.
Thank you, very great post.
Howdy I am so grateful I found your webpage, I really found
you by error, while I was researching on Askjeeve for something else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say cheers for a incredible post and a all round interesting
blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to browse
it all at the moment but I have book-marked it and also included your
RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the
A person necessarily help to make critically posts I’d state.
That is the very first time I frequented your website page and up to
now? I amazed with the research you made to create
this particular put up amazing. Magnificent task!