Do you want to learn how to make use of your Apple TV remote more concisely? Do you know that your iPhone device can as well serve as your TV remote?
Your TV remote comes with some unique and awesome features that you may not be aware of it does or how you can make use of it.
We have gathered a lot of information on how you can maximize your TV remote without spending any dine.
We covered how to connect your Apple TV to your iPhone and then use your iPhone to control both the TV volume and other functions.
This guide also explained what you should know about the TV remote battery and how you can recharge it when it becomes low.
Can you use Apple TV without a remote?
Since the Apple TV has a sleek design, it does not have physical buttons on its body. So to access some functions in the Apple TV, you need to use the TV remote.
Moreover, to turn the Apple TV ON, you don’t need to use the remote, rather the power button can serve as an external switch for turning ON the Apple TV without a remote.
If you lost your TV remote or maybe it stopped working, you can make use of your iPhone, iPad, or even iPod as your TV remote.
How do I use my iPhone as a remote for Apple TV?
In your iOS or maybe iPadOS device, you will see the TV remote icon. But if the Apple TV remote icon is not showing, you can manually add it to your device.
Below are the steps you should follow to use your iOS or iPadOS device like your TV remote:
- On the iOS or iPadOS device, go to Settings > Control Center, then tap Customize Controls.
- Tap the Add button, then click on TV Remote in the More Controls list to add it to Control Center.
Is TV app still available?
Currently, Apple has discontinued the Apple TV remote app from the App Store. The reason was that they started integrating the Apple TV remote app in their latest iOS software update.
Moreover, this Apple TV remote app is integrated into the Control Center in all iPhones running iOS 12 or later.
Why can’t I find TV app?
If you don’t have the TV remote app in your device or if the TV remote in your device Control Center stopped working, use the below method to restore the functionality of the TV remote:
- Connect your Apple TV and your iOS device on the same Wi-Fi network
- Close the Apple TV remote app on your iOS device
- Restart your iOS device
- Re-open the remote app and then try connecting again
How do I get the remote off the lock screen?
Follow the below steps to get your Apple TV off the lock screen
- Go to settings > Control Center
- Tap the “Add button” to add controls
- To remove the button, tap “Remove button” and then “Remove”
How long does an TV remote last?
Most of the TV remote (the Siri Remote) comes with a charging port and a built-in lithium-ion battery which can be recharged.
According to Apple, the remote can last for months on a single charge when it is used normally. When the battery becomes low, you can recharge it by connecting it through a USB cable to a charger or computer.
As long as the normal use and recharge are maintained, the TV remote can last for many years before having an internal problem.
How do I get my TV app back to remote?
To get your Apple TV app back to remote, follow the below guide
- Press the “Menu Button” on the Apple remote to go a step back at any time
- When you mistakenly pressed it twice from the “Home Screen”, you’re going to start the screen saver.
How to control your TV without the remote
- Go to App Store to download the app.
- Connect your iOS device to the same Wi-Fi as your Apple TV.
- Open the Apple TV Remote app.
- Tap Add Apple TV (from your Apple TV app).
- Enter the four-digit code that appears on your TV in the app.
- When entered, you can successfully use your Apple TV without the remote.
How do I use my TV remote?
If you want to use your TV remote to select something in your Apple TV, press and hold firmly the TV remote trackpad.
The control buttons for the volume which is located on the right side of the TV remote are mainly used to control the volume for a lot of Apple TVs; it will be functional when synced.
The “Home Button” in the TV remote (this button has a TV icon on it), will lead you to “Up Next” in your Apple TV app.
In as much as the Apple TV button serves as a shortcut to the TV app, you can as well change it to functions as a Home Button.
To do this, follow below steps:
- “Press the TV button” just once and go to “Up Next” in the TV app
- Press the TV button one more time; when pressed, it will take you to the “Home Screen”.
Why is the volume on my TV remote not working?
If the volume of your Apple TV is not working, you can manually reset or program your Siri Remote/ Apple TV remote.
To do this, follow below steps:
- From your Apple TV (probably 4K or HD TV), go to “Settings”
- From “Settings”, go to “Remote and Devices”
- Then go to “Volume Control”
- At this stage, select “Learn New Device”
Does TV remote have volume control?
Although the Apple TV has a sleek design and amazing features, it does not have a volume control on its surface.
This means that if you intend to control the TV volume, you have to use a physical remote to control the TV’s volume over the compatible receiver, IR, and CEC sensors.
If you intend to use your iPhones volume buttons to control the TV volume, you will need a receiver because the TV does not support IR sensors.
How do I reset my TV remote?
To reset your TV remote, follow the below steps:
- First of all, you need to unplug your Apple TV and wait at least six seconds.
- Connect your Apple TV back again.
- Press and hold your remote’s “Menu” and “Volume Up” buttons until you see a command flash on your screen displaying “pairing the remote”.
How do I know when my TV remote is charged?
To know if your TV remote is charged, go to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remote.
In this place, you will see a battery icon. If the icon is full, it means that your remote battery is charged. Else not fully charged.
How often should I charge the TV remote?
The fact that the remote battery is rechargeable does not mean that you will always charge it.
The Siri remote should not be recharged often, the reason is that once charged, you can use it for certain months before the battery becomes low.
The remote battery may take like two hours to charge but once charged, don’t overcharge it. Overcharging may affect the battery life span.
Is TV remote use wireless charging technology?
To charge the TV remote, you need to plug one end of the Siri remote and then plug the other USB end to your charging device or computer as the case may be.
So the remote does not use wireless charging technology for its recharging. Most of these TVs come with CR 2032 battery but with Apple’s technology, you can recharge it and use it for several months before recharging it again.
Is Apple TV remote charger the same as iPhone?
The TV remote uses the same charger as the iPhones. To charge the TV remote, you need to connect the USB port to your charger or computer and the other end to your TV remote charging port.
Moreover, the charging cable for the TV remote is the same as that of iPhone 5 or newer iPhones.
How do I pair my iPhone with Apple TV?
To pair your Apple TV with your iPhone device, follow the following steps
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV.
- Open “Control Center”
- Tap “Screen Mirroring”.
- Select your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV from the list of options.
We hope that you’re satisfied with the information we delivered to you for free.
If you have further inquiries concerning the TV remote, you can make use of the comment section to let us know where you’re having challenges or some other things you will like to know about the remote.